Some time ago I got a recipe for Mac and cheese from my friend Kimberly H. I found it easy to make and very delicious. I love sharing the knowledge so I decided to share the recipe and do a video going through the steps for you.
Here’s the recipe and video below:
1 stick of butter
5 ½ Cups of milk
½ Cup of flour
2 teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
¼ teaspoon Black pepper
¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
4 ½ cups Sharp cheddar
2 cups mild cheddar
1 lb elbow macaroni
Preheat oven to 375F.
Grease bottom of dish.
1. Warm milk over medium heat.
2. Melt butter over medium heat and when bubbling add flour. Cook stirring for 1 minute
3. Whisking mixture slowly add, milk and cook 8-12 minutes stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
4. Remove from heat and add dry ingredients (salt, nutmeg, black pepper, cayenne pepper). Add cheese and set aside.
5. Cook macaroni, drain and rinse under cold water and add to cheese sauce
6. Pour into greased dish, sprinkle cheese on top and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
There you go! Enjoy this foolproof mac and cheese. If you do try it, don’t forget to tag me so I can check it out.
Faith & Love,