Tell that cold or flu to chuck awfff!
Before all these crazy pharmaceuticals, there was some good ol’ bush or root to make into a tea to drink. Your granny would use these old remedies which would lessen the severity of what ails you or make it all better. Just like that!
While I believe pharmaceuticals have their place, herbs come first and foremost when dealing with any sickness in my household, and with ‘cold and flu season’ on us, there are so many natural remedies we can use to support our immune system and get these viruses to chuck right awfff! You can even make your own natural tablets with various herbs, go here to learn more about how you can do this, but always get advice from the professionals first so you know how much you are using. If you have to leave home when you’re sick, whether it’s to go to the doctor’s office or grocery shopping, it’s also a good idea to carry around some of the Hand Sanitizer Canada has to offer to help kill any germs you might come in contact with.
1. My most favorite, tried and true, is Elderberry Syrup. I make this myself for my family using elderberry extract and it’s something we are never without since it’s great for lots of other things! I usually couple Elderberry Syrup with some of my other favorite herbs and supplements listed below.
2. Oregano oil: anti viral, anti fungal, anti bacterial, anti inflammatory, it’s an antiseptic and is also an antioxidant. I dare say this can cure you from a bad breakup. Taking the capsules at the onset of symptoms will nip that virus in the bud!
3. Prebiotics and Probiotics; it is well known that having great gut health equals a wicked working immune system and better elimination. Prebiotics in a nut shell boosts probiotic bacteria and probiotics aids immune function and helps keeps the gut in check.
4. Vit C: an overlooked vitamin, vit c is essential and contributes to our bodies overall function. It’s an awesome antioxidant and maintains akin, bones, tissue and blood vessels. It also helps with absorption of iron and strengthens the resistance to infection.
5. Echinacea and Goldenseal: the combination of these two herbs work together to get the immune system pumping. If taken at the first sign of a cold or flu, it may stop the progression of the virus.
6: Thyme: this antiseptic and expectorant herb is great for quieting coughs and reducing the effects of a cold! It helps to loosen and expel mucous. Made into a tea sweetened with a bit of honey, it’s delicious and calming.
You don’t have to wait until you have the flu to try these things. Build up your immune system throughout the year. That way, your immune system should be able to fight off any illnesses. One of the main immune tissues in the body is the liver. That means that the liver is responsible for detecting any viruses or bacteria, so it’s important that people also consider strengthening their liver. By visiting https://www.loveyourliver.com/, for example, people will be able to see some antioxidant liver supplements that should cleanse the liver. This will boost its function, ensuring that people have a higher chance of fighting off the flu. Make sure to take some preventative measures. That way you’ll be bulletproof when everyone else is coughing.