Women (and men) can get yeast infections. If you’ve never experienced one then you should count your lucky stars, but those who often suffer can tell you it’s a pain and can severely hamper your day to day activity.
Most healthy vaginas have yeast, however, sometimes it can increase more than normal and cause an infection. The medical name for the fungus that causes a yeast infection is called Candida (Candida Albicans) and the medical name for a yeast infection is “Candidiasis”. Symptoms of a yeast infections usually consist of burning and itching. The longer you take to treat a yeast infection, the worse the infection gets. About 75% of women will experience a yeast infection in their life time but a much smaller percentage (around 7%) experience recurrent infections defined as more than 4 for the year.
Recurrent or Chronic yeast infections can be an indication of yeast overgrowth. Candida overgrowth can affect you in ways that go beyond itching and burning. Here are a few symptoms of Candida overgrowth that are probably an indication that you should ask your doctor and start treatment.
- Digestive Issues: If you’re experiencing consistent bloating, types of IBS then this could be an indication. When the bad bacteria in your gut attacks the good bacteria then the balance causes several gut issues. Recent studies have found that Candida can in fact cause several digestive issues.
- Skin issues: eczema, psoriasis can be an indication that you have a Candida overgrowth
- Recurring yeast infections (duh) and Urinary Tract Infections: Which can be doubled checked on by using resources such as https://trugenx.com/order-molecular-uti-testing/ to make a diagnosis.
- Excessive sugar or carb cravings (Oh yes we did! This is a legit symptom)
- Fatigue: This is usually due to candida causing nutrient deficiencies in the body.
Candida overgrowth can impact your daily routine and overall quality of life. If you are experiencing one or more of these symptoms it’s best to talk to your doctor and look into this being the possible reason you have been suffering.