So for a long time I have known that not all fairy tales or children’s stories originally started out the way they are now. What I mean is that what we know now as fairy tales aren’t really how they were meant to be. Many females who are looking for their prince charming are actually looking for a fictional character in more ways than one. I came up with this post because I saw someone I follow on twitter complaining about Hollywood spoiling the Children’s stories. Well, I hate to break to ya’ll but Hollywood is actually reverting to the original plot. I’ve selected the Top 5 Fairytales to reveal the truth:
1. Sleeping Beauty: If you were to ask most people the story of sleeping beauty. They would tell you the Disney version that a young princess falls into an eternal sleep after she pricks her finger on a spindle. A handsome prince comes along, kisses her, she wakes up and they marry and live Happily Ever After. Right? WRONG
The Original Story: Sleeping beauty is put to sleep by a spell. A Prince comes along but he is some what of a necrophiliac/pervert/rapist who rapes her in her sleep repeatedly. She then has two children IN HER SLEEP. It is only when one of the children sucks her finger that was pricked that she wakes up to two kids, and a rapist husband. How roman-prick
2. Cinderalla: We all know the story of Cinderella and her step sisters. Her fairy God mother and how she went from rags to riches despite her conniving step sister’s efforts. It basically goes like this in the original story. HOWEVER, what you might not know is that the step sisters in their medieval ratchetry cut off pieces of their feet so as to fit the “Old school Louboutins”. When the Prince found out out he turned into Scarface and had his Royal pigeons peck out their eyes. Now THAT’S Gangsta!
3. The Little Mermaid: Listen! Even I was distraught when I found out how this story goes. We all remember the Disney classic, with the singing. The songs were lovely, “Apart of that world’ , and My Calypso fave “Kiss the Girl” in true Fairy Tale fashion she changes to a human, learns how to walk and marries the guy of her dreams and lives happily ever after. Right? WRONG
Original Story: She sees him marry another girl and is given a knife and urged to stab him to death. Alas, love prevails, well at least somewhat and she opts to commit suicide instead by throwing herself back into the sea. Now ain’t that some shit?
4. The Pied Piper: We all know the story of The Pied Piper. He had a magic flute (keep your mind out the gutter) and a town was having a rat problem quite like New Kingston or Calabar (google it). He used his magic song to remove the rats on the promise that the towns people would pay him. When they refused he played a tune for the kids (quite like R. Kelly) led them to a cave and kept them there until the town’s people got all the cash and paid him and the story ends with all parties happy. Right? Wrong!
Original Story: The first part of the story is correct. He does remove the rats and when they refuse to pay he leads the children away from the town INTO A RIVER where they all drown except for ONE child who could not keep up because he was crippled.
5. Hansel & Gretel: In the story we all know this brother and sister had no garmin,nor google maps and end up losing their way home. AS bad luck would have it they end up at a Witch’s House who keeps them (to fatten them to eat) they eventually trick the witch and cook her and escape. You know I’m about to burst your bubble right?
Original Story: The fact is in the original story it was a french story called Lost Children. The children do lose their way but they do not encounter a which they encounter The Devil. Their first attempt at escaping is not so successful and the devil catches them and decides to teach them a lesson and have them bled. The children feign ignorance at how to fit on the torture device. The devil’s wife demonstrate. During this demonstration they CUT HER THROAT and escape. SO in fact Hansel and Gretel is less like what the story books say. And more like this:
Sweet Dreams Kids